There is no doubt that a vacuum cleaner is one of the best cleaning tools to remove dirt, debris, and pet hair from different surfaces. But, the basic vacuum cleaners are designed only to remove dust and dirt; they are often insufficient in eliminating pet dander, pollen, and other airborne particles. This results in an adverse effect on your health and causes allergy and asthma. That is why many of us are turning towards vacuum cleaners with HEPA filters to keep the dust and allergens at bay.
Not just that, there are many more benefits of HEPA filtration system. So why should you choose a HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) filter vacuum? Here are the reasons:
- The HEPA filter vacuum improves indoor air quality by microfiltering 99.97% of particles down to 0.3 microns.
- It can remove allergens and other pollutants like smoke, pollen, dirt, dust, and pet dander very effectively; therefore, an excellent choice for allergy sufferers.
- The vacuum with HEPA filter also helps in removing mold and bacteria build-up.
For getting the best performance from your vacuum, it is recommended to check the HEPA filters every two weeks. On an average, the HEPA filters need to be replaced every six months. However, the duration may be more or less depending on how often you use it and how contaminated the area gets.
To help you make the best choice, here are our top picks for the best vacuum cleaners with HEPA filters.
1. SharkNinja Navigator Lift-Away Vacuum (NV352)
Our top pick comes from the house of Shark, which is a great anti-allergen model to use for your home cleaning needs. Having a lot of five-star ratings by Amazon customers, this best upright vacuum assures you of complete trust and reliability. Plus, it has many smart features making it a good choice for every home.
- Dimension and Weight: 15 x 11.4 x 45.5 inches; 12.5 Pounds
- Color: Lavender
- Dirt Cup Capacity: 1.1 Quarts
- Cord Length: 25-ft
- Warranty: 5 Year Limited
- Included Components: Dusting Brush, 5.5 Inch, and 24 Inch Crevice Tool, Small Pet Hair Power Brush
- This best bagless vacuum combines elegance, performance, and ease of use, all in a single device.
- The model weighs only 12.5 Pounds making it easy to lift and use the way you want; without straining your arms and shoulders.
- It has powerful suction and a tangle-free brush roll to remove dirt, dust, and pet hair very effectively from different surfaces.
- Featuring a brush roll on/off switch, it is perfect to vacuum carpets and hardwood floors both without worrying about damaging the surfaces.
- The swivel steering allows you to move it freely all around the area for a perfect cleanup.
- As the name says LIFT-AWAY Vacuum, the model is easily detachable to remove its canister. Thus you can hold it and use it on stairs, closets, and other places where more maneuverability is required.
- One of the most important features of this vacuum is the integration of HEPA-sealed allergen system that is capable of trapping 99.97% of allergens.
- It also comes with a decent capacity dust container that can capture enough amount of dirt without the need for frequent emptying. Most importantly, the dirt container is easily detachable for hassle-free emptying of the dirt directly into the dustbin. Plus, it is also easy to clean and maintain.
- A vacuum is incomplete without proper accessories, and this one comes with pretty decent accessories to fulfill all types of cleaning needs. These smart attachments include a crevice tool to clean hard-to-reach areas, a pet power brush to remove pet hair, and an upholstery tool to clean fabrics.
- Decent and sturdy build quality
- Looks stunning
- Very easy to use and maintain
- Excels in delivering the best cleaning performance
- Powerful suction
- Not so noisy
- Not ideal for picking large pieces of debris
2. Vacmaster Pro Wet/Dry Vac
(Best Wet and Dry HEPA Filter Vacuum)
If you are searching for the best wet and dry vacuum with a combination of HEPA filter, investing in this model from Vacmaster is a great deal. It is a 3-in-1 vacuum that not only features wet and dry vacuuming capability but also has a blower function that blows away the accumulated dry dirt from tight spots for easy cleaning. Moreover, its economical price tag fits everyone’s budget.
- Dimension and Weight: 12 x 19 x 12 inches; 19.4 pounds
- Color: Black
- Cord Length: 30-ft
- Capacity: 8 gallon
- Warranty: 3 Year Limited
- Included Components: 20 In. Locking Steel Wands (two), Power Tool Adapter, HEPA Cartridge Filter, 10 Ft. x 1-1/2 In. Crushproof Industrial Hose, HEPA Material Exhaust Filter, One Steel Elbow with Air Flow Adjuster, Reusable Foam Sleeve Filter, High Efficiency Fine-Dust Collection Bag, Round Brush with Horse Hair, Crevice Tool, 15 In. Floor Nozzle (with 2 brushes), Microfiber Pre-Filter.
- Weighing only 19.4 pounds, this vacuum cleaner is very easy to use and carry around. Plus, 360° rotating wheels allow easy movement all around. What’s more, is the sturdy and strong handle making movement more easy and convenient.
- Vacmaster Pro Wet ad Dry Vacuum cleaner comes with a powerful and efficient industrial 2-stage motor that ensures powerful suction to capture dirt, dust, and debris from every nook and corner.
- The overall construction is sturdy with a Polypropylene tank that is very durable and long-lasting.
- The model features a large dust container of capacity 8 gallons that can hold a large amount of waste. So, you can clean the whole house in one go without any need of emptying the dirt chamber again and again.
- When it comes to filtration, this vacuum cleaner integrates four stage filtration system that includes HEPA cartridge filter, microfiber pre-filter, sealable tear-resistant collection bag, and HEPA-material exhaust filter. Thus, it can trap 99.9% airborne pollutants to have a fresh and hygienic indoor environment.
- Its potent blower function allows you to clean corners and other hard-to-reach spots. You can also use the blower function to blow dry floors, carpets, and fabrics.
- One of the best features of this wet and dry vacuum cleaner is smart Buoy technology, which stops the suction once the tank is full, so no worry about overflowing.
- For different cleaning needs, this one comes with four different cleaning tools. For smooth surfaces, you can use a dry/wet brush. For cleaning floors and carpets, you can use a floor cum carpet brush. A round nozzle is also there for small spaces and soft surfaces. And to clean corners and hard-to-reach spots, you can use its 2-in-1 crevice nozzle.
- Very light and compact
- Strong and sturdy construction
- Good suction
- Multi-surface cleaning capability
- Low noise operation
- No such
3. Kenmore Bagless Compact Canister Vacuum
(Best Bagless Canister Vacuum with HEPA Filter)
Next on our list of best vacuum cleaners with HEPA filter is a canister model from the brand Kenmore. For potential performance benefits, it has a larger motor that can drive air through large filters. So, it is a great choice for those addressing strong air quality concerns. Plus, it comes with a specialized Pet Power Mate attachment to clean pet hair from multiple surfaces.
- Dimension and Weight: 16.15 x 24.63 x 17.18 inches; 28.3 pounds
- Color: Purple
- Power Cord Length: 24-ft
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Included Components: Crevice tool, Dusting Brush, Extension wand
- It is a compact yet powerful vacuum cleaner that can clean different surfaces with ease. No matter whether you are cleaning hardwood floors or thick carpets, it will give you the best cleaning results ever.
- One of the best parts is that if you are annoyed with the hasty bagged vacuum cleaners that need frequent bag replacement, this bagless vacuum removes all the hassle at bay.
- It comes with an easy to empty dirt chamber that is too easy to empty with just a one-click of.
- The model is equipped with a powerful two motor system that provides the strong suction to deep clean any surface without putting much effort.
- Another great feature of this bagless vacuum cleaner is its 360-degree swivel hose and the automatic cord reel. It lets you clean any spot very easily without worrying about the cord tangling.
- It is a best vacuum cleaner for pet hair as it comes with a motorized pet power mate attachment to clean up pet hair from furniture, carpet, stairs, etc.
- There are variable power controls to choose the desired section level as per the cleaning requirements.
- This vacuum cleaner offers cleaning versatility with two great accessories, including dusting brush and crevice tool. So, you can clean the tight spot and other inaccessible areas with ease.
- Lightweight and compact
- HEPA filter to tackle allergens and pollutants
- The stainless steel extension wand is very durable
- Retractable power cord is a nice feature
- Limited accessories
4. Aspiron Lightweight Bagless Vacuum Cleaner
(Most Versatile HEPA Vacuum)
This canister vacuum from Aspiron is a great choice for its cleaning versatility. With a lot of unique features and functionalities, the model promises to deliver sparkling clean floors without causing you any strain. No matter whether you are cleaning an overstuffed storeroom, garage, or baby’s playing area, it can clean all very effectively. Best of all is its affordable price tag.
- Dimension and Weight: 17.2 x 11.3 x 11.8 inches; 16.48 Pounds
- Color: Black
- Power: 1200 W
- Power Cord Length: 16-ft
- Dust Chamber Capacity: 3.7 quarts
- Warranty: 2 Years
- Included Accessories: Crevice nozzle, Pet Power Mate Attachment, Small Dust Brush, and Upholstery Brush.
- The model is equipped with an efficient brushless motor that delivers the powerful suction of 455AW/23.5Kpa for the most effective cleaning performance.
- This bagless vacuum is designed ergonomically with an easy to carry handle as well as 360-degree swivel wheels that allows free movement all around for hassle-free cleaning.
- It comes with a 3.7 quarts large dust container that is pretty much enough to clean a small to medium house in one go. Plus, the hygienic emptying of the dirt chamber in just a push of a button removes all the hassle away.
- The inclusion of HEPA filter offers excellent filtration by catching 99.97% of harmful particles (dirt, dust, or debris) that cause allergies.
- It is a versatile vacuum cleaner as it comes with multiple accessories for different cleaning needs. These attachments include a 2-in-1 crevice tool for cleaning corners and tight spots, a small dust brush, pet power mate attachment, and an upholstery brush. Moreover, a universal floorhead allows you to clean low pile carpet and hard floors with ease.
- Stylish and sturdy
- Excellent suction performance
- Variable speed control
- Large operating range of 29.5 ft.
- No dust bags to change frequently; else come with an easy to empty dirt chamber
- Multiple accessories to serve for different cleaning requirements
- Small power cord
5. PureClean Automatic Robot Vacuum Cleaner
(Best Robot Vacuum for Allergy Sufferers)
Robot vacuum cleaners are unbeatable options when it comes to effortless cleaning. Well, most robot vacuum cleaners run on the expensive side; this PurClean model is one of the most affordable options. Above all, this robovac is best for pet hair removal and allergens.
- Dimension and Weight: 2.9 x 11 x 11 inches; 3.5 pounds
- Color: White
- Average Charge Time: 4 Hours
- Run Time: 55 minutes
- Battery Type: 1 Lithium-Ion Battery
- Dust Bin Capacity: 0.2 L
- Warranty: 1 Year
- This programmable vacuum cleaner is simple and convenient to use without any effort. Plus, the easy-to-use interface makes it the best choice for both beginners and professionals.
- The model has a low-profile design (2.9 inches) that allows it to clean easily under furniture (beds, couches, sofas, etc.).
- It is equipped with three different cleaning modes: sweep, dust, and vacuum that let you clean dirt, debris, and pet hair from floors and carpets. Moreover, the 1200pa powerful suction ensures the best cleaning performance.
- A unique obstacle detection feature is there to clean around the objects without hitting them.
- An anti-fall cliff sensor is also there that protects it from falling onto the stairs.
- The inclusion of HEPA filter keeps all the fine dust particles trapped inside the dirt chamber that you can easily empty with just one click of a button.
- This robovac features dual rotating brushes to offer perfect and thorough cleaning all around your room.
- Versatile and convenient
- Smart self-programmed cleaning path navigation
- Easy to use interface
- Automatically returns to the charging station when cleaning is done, or the battery is low
- Works best on Hardwood, Linoleum, Tile, and Low/Hard Carpet Floors
- Not ideal for thick or shag carpet