With so many types of vacuum cleaners in the market designed for your four-legged friends, selecting the best vacuum cleaners for pet hair is crucial so that your funds are not wasted on buying the wrong product. Hence our mission in this article is to educate you on the top-rated models that will help you clean smarter and not harder.
1. ILIFE V3s Pro Robot Vacuum Cleaner
(Overall Best Pick)
If you are searching for a hand-free and convenient solution to clean pet hair from your home interiors, then investing in the Ilife V3s robot vacuum is the best bet. What makes this an overall best pick is its unmatched design, cleaning efficiency, and performance that allow you to clean dust, debris, and pet hair with exceptional ease and convenience.
This product from ILIFE is a game-changer since it comes with high suction pressure that provides powerful cleaning on both hard flooring and carpet. Even more, the pricing structure of this product is also very economical, which fits everyone’s budget.
- Dimension and Weight: 11.8 x 11.8 x 3 inches; 4.5 Pounds
- Color: White
- Dustbin Capacity: 300 ml
- Charging Time: 200-350 min
- Run Time: 90 min
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Accessories Included: Remote control, a charging dock, a power adapter, one cleaning tool, four side brushes, one high-efficiency filter.
- The merchandise is extremely easy to use as it comes with automatic and mechanical cleaning modes.
- The design is engineered in such a way that it can provide thorough cleaning by reaching under your couch and or bed where the fur hides.
- With the help of excellent suction, it does an effortless job of picking up pet hair without getting tangled.
- A working time can be set for this device, and hence you can do scheduled cleaning according to your convenience.
- The presence of infrared sensors on this device prevents it from falling from the stairs and also protects itself from damage by smartly detecting the obstacles that come in front of it.
- The device returns to the charging station whenever the battery is low.
- To ensure smooth cleaning, this unit is equipped with road rover wheels that can move through low pile carpet and hard floors effortlessly.
- Extremely easy to use.
- Comes with a sturdy build.
- Smart cleaning with infrared sensors and high-performing suction.
- Smooth cleaning with the help of road rover wheels.
- The product’s weight is 2kg and 40 grams, which sits on the heavier side.
- It comes with a 2600mah battery which can take 5 hours to get fully charged.
Check Out More Robot Vacuum Cleaners for Pet Hair
2. SharkNinja Navigator Lift-Away Vacuum (NV352)
(Best Vacuum Cleaner for Pet hair with HEPA filter)
Look no further than this lift-away vacuum cleaner from Shark Ninja for all your pet hair clean-up needs. This lightweight portable cleaner comes with premium pet tools that will keep your flooring squeaky clean.
- Dimension and Weight: 15 x 11.4 x 45.5 inches; 12.5 Pounds
- Color: Lavender
- Dustbin Capacity: 1.1 Quarts
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Accessories Included: Dusting Brush, 5.5-inch Crevice Tool, 24-inch Crevice Tool, Small Pet Hair Power Brush.
- The lift-away feature present in this unit lets you clean areas above the floor.
- The anti-allergen seal present in the canister helps trap allergens and dust inside it.
- If you are planning to clean the entire house and need movement from one room to another, this super lightweight cleaner will come as an asset.
- The brush roll shutoff feature present in this product lets you switch from bare floor cleaning to deep carpet cleaning.
- The wand present in this vacuum cleaner is large, and hence you have extended reach while cleaning.
- It also has a swivel steering present that allows the machine to move on the carpets effortlessly.
- Lightweight and portable.
- The brush roll feature helps you switch between bare floor and carpet cleaning.
- The HEPA filter allows you to filter pet hairs so that tangled furs don’t damage the equipment.
- The power button placement is not convenient.
3. BISSELL SurfaceSense Pet Upright Vacuum, 28179
(Best Upright Vacuum Cleaner for Pet Hair)
If you have a big area to clean, investing in this best upright vacuum cleaner is a great investment for sure. With a variety of accessories, it can clean pet hair and other dry dirt from different surfaces with ease. The bagless design makes it more convenient to use. And the large capacity of the dust bin allows an entire house cleaning session without frequently emptying it.
- Dimension and Weight: 34.3 x 13.6 x 12.1 inches; 19.96 Pounds
- Color: Teal, Silver
- Dust Bin Capacity: 2 L
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Included Accessories: LED Lighted Crevice Tool, Vacuum Base, Stretch Hose, 2-in-1 Pet Dusting Brush, Pet TurboEraser Tool, Upper Handle & Extension Wand.
- It offers a powerful suction that does a fantastic job of cleaning from every corner of your house.
- The best feature is its 180° swivel steering, allowing easy maneuverability.
- Since it is an upright vacuum cleaner, you don’t need to bend down for cleaning; thus saves you from unnecessary back pain while cleaning.
- It also features a multi-floor brush roll that allows you to use it on both hard floors and carpets.
- The large 2 L dust cup holds a decent amount of dirt, so you can use it for longer without emptying it again and again.
- Its LED headlight illuminates the darker areas for easy cleaning.
- Nice build quality
- Very easy to use and maintain
- Decent length of power cord
- Powerful suction
- Not too bulky
- Not ideal for wet cleaning
4. Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Handheld Vacuum, 33A1
(Best Handheld Vacuum for Pet Hair)
Don’t want to lug around a heavy vacuum; this handheld model from the brand Bissell is best to invest in. Being lightweight and portable, the vacuum will allow you to clean your home interiors thoroughly, no matter whether it is dust, debris, or pet hair.
What makes it the best handheld vacuum for pet hair is its impeccable performance. Moreover, the presence of a flexible rubber contour nozzle can effectively remove dirt and pet hair from car interiors, upholsteries, and stairs.
- Dimension and Weight: 10 x 5 x 8 inches; 3.7 Pounds
- Color: Black and Red
- Dustbin Capacity: 0.78 L
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Included Accessories: Rubber Nozzle and Hard Nozzle.
- The vacuum looks very stylish and the quality material construction makes it a durable and long-lasting product.
- It is extremely lightweight for easy carrying while cleaning and the ergonomic handle provides additional cleaning convenience.
- It comes with two specialty nozzles for perfect cleaning; the rubber nozzle for pet hair and the hard nozzle for dry dirt and debris from hard surfaces.
- The inclusion of HEPA filter ensures to capture microscopic dirt particles, smoke and allergens from the environment.
- It has a 16-ft. power cord which is an added bonus to clean the entire room without searching for the power outlets.
- The vacuum performs incredibly well on different types of surfaces.
- Strong suction force.
- Removes pet hair flawlessly and keeps you out of pet allergies.
- The power cord helps in extended cleaning.
- No such
5. Dyson V7 Animal Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
(Best Cordless Vacuum for Pet Hair)
Cordless Vacuums come very handy when it comes to removing pet hair from carpets, sofas and couches, stairs, as well as car interiors. So, our next best pick is a cord-free model letting you enjoy a pleasant cleaning experience without dealing with the messy cords.
When this best cordless vacuum cleaner is used as a daily driver, it will make your cleaning seem like a pleasure since the suction is excellent in all modes.
- Dimension and Weight: 8.2 x 9.8 x 49 inches; 5.28 Pounds
- Color: Purple and Gray
- Dustbin Capacity: 0.5 L
- Run Time: Up to 30 min
- Warranty: 2 Years
- Included Accessories: Cleaner Head, Mini Motorised Tool, Combination Tool, Crevice Tool.
- It offers powerful suction to clean every nook and cranny effortlessly; plus, the advanced filtration system can capture microscopic dirt particles easily.
- It comes with a wall mounting charging dock, making charging much more convenient.
- Has the ability to change from a stick vacuum to a handheld vacuum. So it doesn’t matter if you’re cleaning a spill or doing a deep cleaning; it’s always ready with the help of one switch.
- There are two power modes- Maximum and Powerful. You can use the one depending upon your cleaning needs.
- With the help of this product, cleaning the hard-to-reach places is really a breeze. It can reach as high to clean cobwebs and ceiling dirt in one smooth motion. And while using it as a handheld model, it is best enough to clean car interiors, sofas, couches, and upholsteries.
- The powerful suction creates centrifugal forces to capture microscopic dirt.
- The presence of advanced filters allows you to capture dust and breathe in clean air.
- A single switch allows for switching from handheld cleaning to deep cleaning.
- Completely cordless.
- The run time of this cleaner lasts for 30 to 35 min, which is a pretty short period.
6. Kenmore BC3005 Pet Friendly Canister Vacuum
(Best Canister Vacuum for Pet Hair)
Next on our list is a canister vacuum cleaner which includes a variety of attachments for the detailed cleaning of pet hairs. Features like high suction power, multiple height adjustments, automatic cord rewind and easy maneuvering makes this one of the best vacuum cleaners for pet hair.
- Dimension and Weight: 17 x 13 x 26 inches; 24.4 Pounds
- Color: Blue
- Cord Length: 26 ft
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Included Accessories: Crevice Tool, Bare Floor Tool, Upholstery Brush & 2pcs HEPA Bags.
- This product comes with a powerful 2-motor system that provides effective brush rotation and powerful suction for deep cleaning.
- It’s rated as the best vacuum for cleaning pet hairs from hard floors, so you will be satisfied every time you use it.
- With 4-height adjustment levels, the unit provides optimal airflow to clean any surface with ease.
- Inclusion of HEPA filter takes care of the dust and fur while giving clean air to breathe.
- No hassles for waste disposal as it comes with a dust bag which can be disposed off in a trash can after use.
- There is an automatic cord rewind feature too, which retracts the unused portion of the cord in just one push of a button.
- Stylish and sturdy.
- Silent yet powerful machine.
- The triple-action nozzle does the job of absorbing microscopic dirt.
- HEPA filter provides cleaner air.
- Small, compact, and easy to use.
- No downsides noted yet
7. Shark HV322 Rocket Pet Plus Corded Stick Vacuum
(Best Stick Vacuum for Pet Hair)
Are you the one with severe back pain but can’t resist the cleaning when seeing your house is dirty and messy? This stick vacuum comes in very handy for cleaning dirt, debris, and pet hair from different surfaces without bending down. Thus, you can clean easily without experiencing any back pain.
- Dimension and Weight: 13 x 10.25 x 47.5 inches; 8.6 Pounds
- Color: Bordeaux/Silver
- Dust Bin Capacity: 0.68 Quarts
- Warranty: 5 Year Limited
- Accessories Included: Pet Multi-Tool & Crevice Tool.
- The model features a powerful suction that can remove embedded dirt directly from any surface, including hard floors, rugs, carpets, and sofas.
- Since it is not heavy, you can use it effortlessly without worrying about straining your hands and arms.
- The best part is that you can also convert it as a handheld vacuum for effortless floor to ceiling cleaning.
- The unit comes with a specialized pet tool that can easily catches embedded pet hair from multiple surfaces.
- This vacuum also comes with a crevice tool that removes dust from every hard-to-reach corner, making corner cleaning effortless.
- The nozzle of this vacuum is engineered in such a way that makes it easy to vacuum large debris from your floor.
- It comes with a large dirt cup of capacity 0.68 quarts that can accommodate a decent amount of dirt without emptying it again and again. It is also easily removable for quick clean-up.
- It is also equipped with LED headlights to grab the hidden debris from around the corners, under furniture, and other dark areas.
- Handy and easy to use .
- Sturdy build quality.
- Stubborn pet hairs can be cleaned with ease.
- Cleaning large debris is no longer a hassle.
- High suction pressure, which provides deep cleaning.
- Gets overheated when used for a long time.
Which vacuum cleaner is best for pet hair?
According to our research, ILIFE V3s Pro Robot Vacuum Cleaner and Shark Ninja Navigator Lift-Away Vacuum surpass every model on this list. It is because these vacuum cleaner don’t heat during long hours of usage, provide deep cleaning on almost all flooring, and hard-to-reach corners are cleaned with ease.
What is the best vacuum cleaner for long-haired dogs?
For long-haired dogs, the Bissell SurfaceSense Upright vacuum cleaner is highly recommended, as it features high suction pressure and multi-cyclonic capability that are best for cleaning pet hair.
Can pet hair damage the vacuum?
The answer is a resounding yes. There are a few vacuum cleaners that tangle the pet hair and suck them inside it. Tangled pet hair can damage the equipment.
Are Roombas good for pet hair?
Yes, they are great for pet hair cleanup. One of the best ones available in the market right now is IRobot Roomba S9+.