The modern cleaning world is full of innovative gadgets, and electric brooms are one of the useful pieces among them. These electric sweepers are the convenient alternative to conventional types of brooms and even more handy and efficient than vacuum cleaners — they can take care of space where conventional sweeping is hard and vacuuming is ineffective.
Electric brooms are a hybrid between light vacuum cleaners and simple brooms.
Some are paired down with suction to clean carpets, laminates, or tiles. And some are the basic electric sweepers that collect dust and debris without suction.
But why choose an electric broom over the powerful vacuum cleaners? Here are a few reasons:
- They are quicker and easier than vacuum cleaners.
- They are light in weight and come with easy to maneuver designs.
- They are less expensive than the vacuum cleaners.
- The electric brooms are the perfect cleaning tool for small messes and spills where heavy-duty vacuuming seems like a lot of work and an unnecessary job.
- With rotating swivel heads and lay-flat designs, they can easily clean under furniture or tight spots.
So now, if you are thinking about getting the best electric broom to clean your daily mess quickly, keep reading for the reviews of the latest and best models we have picked for you. You will find a unit perfect for quick and hassle-free cleaning tasks for sure.
1. Karcher KB 5 Cordless Electric Broom
- Dimension and Weight: 8.46 x 9.06 x 44.09 inches; 2.6 Pounds
- Color: Yellow and black
- Material: Plastic
- Power Source: Lithium-ion battery
- Dirt Container Capacity: 0.37L
- Wattage: 120W
- Warranty: 2 Years
Karcher is one of the renowned names and global leaders in cleaning technologies. So, we have this model from Karcher as our overall best pick, not just for the brand name only, but for its innovative and superior features to give you the best-in-class cleaning experience.
- The model looks stunning in a yellow and black color combination. Plus, the lightweight design allows easy maneuvering and portability.
- This cordless sweeper runs on a lithium-ion battery with a run time of 30 minutes on hard floors and 20 minutes on the carpet, so you can get uninterrupted room-to-room cleaning.
- The telescopic handle with flexible double joint allows the broom to reach easily under furniture, edges, and corners, as well as cleaning stairs.
- The best is its universal brush that can tackle everything from long hair to bread crumbs. Moreover, the brush is easily removable to clean the stuck pet hair or other stuff from it.
- Its automatic start system ensures complete peace of mind during operation. You just need to tilt the handle back to start power on the sweeper.
- With a large capacity dust tray of 370 ml, the model KB5 is pretty good enough to capture fine dirt and dust as well as larger items and pet hair. Once finished, you can easily remove the dust tray for easy emptying and cleaning of it.
- It also comes with a simple charging solution that makes the device always ready to use.
- Sturdy built
- Suitable for both hard floors and carpets
- Space-saving storage
- Best for cleaning pet hair too
- Decent run time
- Easy to assemble and use
- No such
2. BLACK+DECKER Floor Sweeper (HFS115J10)
(Best Multi-surface Electric Broom)
- Dimension and weight: 15 x 9 x 4 inches; 2 Pounds
- Color: Powder White
- Power Source: Lithium-Ion Battery
- Run Time: 50 Min
- Dirt Container Capacity: 0.36 L
- Wattage: 115 W
- Warranty: 2 Years
Next on the line-up, we have a model from the most trusted name, Black and Decker. If you are looking for a truly great electric broom for cleaning different types of flooring, from hardwood, vinyl, laminates, tiles, to carpet, you can blindly rely on this unit. Easier than a broom and dustpan, this powered floor sweeper will give you the best cleaning experience.
- This floor sweeper features a sleek, lightweight, and easy-to-maneuver design allowing single-handed use only.
- No need to deal with the messy cords as this cordless electric broom never slows you down while tidying floors.
- Its swiveling head coupled with the lightweight design makes this sweeper easy to maneuver around, under, and behind furniture.
- The model is featured with a lithium-ion battery, so you are ready to go for instant cleanup, whenever you want. Moreover, the battery offers you a run time of 50 minutes that we think is decent enough for full house cleaning without leaving any mess behind.
- Another convenience feature includes the built-in LED that shows you the battery status in one glance.
- Its self-standing allows cleaning in an upright position without bending over. The feature also ensures easy parking even in tight spaces.
- No worry about getting your hands dirty: the easily removable dirt container instantly empties the trash right into the trash can.
- Lightweight and portable
- Good for quick clean up
- Great for floors and carpets
- Battery lasts for a good amount of time
- Very handy
- Not the best on thick carpets
3. Bissell 28806 Perfect Sweep Turbo
(Best Electric Broom for Pet Hair)
- Dimension and Weight: 8.25 x 12.75 x 43.5 inches; 4 Pounds
- Color: Grey
- Run Time: 60 min
- Dirt Container Capacity: 480 ml
- Warranty: 1 Year
The Bissell 28806 Perfect Sweep Turbo is the best electric broom for pet hair that quickly and conveniently removes pet hair from all types of surfaces. What’s more is it’s easy to use design, best cleaning performance and quick cleaning time. Let’s talk more about its decent features.
- This is a cordless and lightweight model that can pick up a wide variety of debris, including pet hair and crumbs, from all types of floor surfaces, including carpets, area rugs, and hard floors.
- It is equipped with a rechargeable nickel-cadmium battery that once fully charged, offers you a cleaning time of 60 minutes.
- The model comes with three brushes – a rotating brush for picking up both large and small dirt particles and two side brushes for cleaning edges, corners, and alongside the baseboards and walls.
- It also comes with two rotating wheels alongside making the movement of the sweeper very easy.
- The dirt container can hold a decent amount (480 ml) of debris in it, so no more worrying about frequent emptying of it. Plus, the easy-to-remove top-loading dirt container makes disposal of dirt a simplified job.
- Since it is a low-profile unit, it can easily reach and clean under the furniture, beds, and similar objects.
- Another best part of this cordless sweeper is its removable handle allowing it to be used as a handheld model, so you can use it on surfaces that are hard to clean (like carpeted stairs).
- It has a quiet operation that never bothers you while using it.
- Well designed with sturdy built
- Awesome cleaning performance
- Requires very low maintenance
- Brushes are gentle enough to use on all types of surfaces without damaging them
- Long charging time (minimum 12 hours)
4. Rubbermaid FG421288BLA Mechanical Sweeper
(Best Commercial Mechanical Sweeper)
- Dimension and Weight: 12 x 7.5 x 4 inches; 4.1 Pounds
- Color: Black
- Material: Galvanized Steel and ABS Plastic
- Warranty: 1 Year
Rubbermaid FG421288BLA is a high-end commercial grade electric broom perfect for cleaning both hardwood floors and carpets not only at home but also in commercial spaces. Utilizing galvanized steel and tough ABS plastic, this mechanical sweeper is a very durable and high-quality unit. Not just that; a host of unique features make it an outstanding purchase in every manner.
- The simple and lightweight design of this product makes it easy to clean multiple surfaces quickly, while the soft handle grips offer a comfortable cleaning experience.
- This mechanical broom comes with soft rubber wheels and a single brush that glides smoothly over surfaces and picks up dirt, dust, and debris effectively.
- Its manual pull and push action ensure easy operation.
- There is no need to bend over as the telescoping handle allows ease of usage in the standing position.
- Another best feature is its low-profile design that provides easy access around and under furniture for perfect clean-up.
- It has a 6 ½ inches wide sweep path that provides efficient and fast cleaning on large floor spaces. Plus, the front and rear bumper protect your furniture and walls from getting damaged.
- What’s more, is the easy easy-open dirt pan to make your cleaning effortless.
- Great size; gets into all areas
- Works well on all kinds of floorings
- Very easy to use
- Suitable for cleaning pet hair as well
- Requires minimum maintenance because of its high-quality construction
- Not ideal for high-pile carpets
5. Bissell Easy Sweep Compact Carpet & Floor Sweeper, 2484A
(Best Budget Floor Sweeper)
- Dimension and Weight: 7.75 x 11 x 42 inches; 2.55 Pounds
- Material: Stainless Steel and ABS Plastic
- Color: Teal
Well, this is not an electric broom, but a decent non-electric carpet and floor sweeper with a host of unique features. We have added this one in our list for its affordable price and excellent tech specs. What makes this product a unique choice is its multi-surface cleaning functionality including area rugs, low carpet, and hard floors. Moreover, its budget-friendly price tag makes it an affordable option for everyone.
- With a weight of just 2.55 pounds, the sweeper allows you to easily clean your entire house without straining your arms.
- Next is its ergonomic handle that is built in such a way allowing you to hold it easily for a longer duration.
- It is ultimately constructed with the high-quality stainless steel and PPE material that makes the product highly durable.
- The cordless usage ensure more convenience without worrying about charging or replacing the batteries.
- It has a large roller design, including soft rubber that can grab small and large debris for superior cleaning without leaving the dust behind.
- The slide trash box is easy to lift and dump the trash directly to the trash bin, no need to mess your hand.
- Sturdy construction
- Lightweight and compact
- Works efficiently on tiles, carpets, and wooden floorings
- Very easy to use
- No disposable pads or filters, thereby ensures easy maintenance.
- No warranty details provided
Read Next: Vacuum Vs. Broom – Which Is the Best Cleaning Tool?